November 30, 2012

Bebe Frocks

Yesterday was so disgustingly hot, and hearing people at my tram stop complain about it made it far worse. I swear that the temperature went up every time the girl next to me said "Can you BELIEVE it is 40 degrees?!!!?!!"

When I finally got off the tram I knew that I couldn't make it home without a breath of fresh air on the back of my neck so I waddled (no joke, chafing galore over here) into Target to buy a new bucket so that I could mop the floors at home (said bucket then became my icey cold foot bath that night) and to kill time I headed to the childrens wear department.
A part from looking at the Collette Dinnigan for The Australian Ballet stock I had never looked at Targets childrens wear but holy moly they had some cute stuff.

I ummed and ahhed over this dress but am so glad that I got it as it fast became my favourite purchase of the night.

I cant find it online but I know that it was under $25 with the matching bloomers, and they had 20% off childrens wear so that was a win.

I got all of these dresses in 12 months up I am pretty sure.




I plan on being matchy matchy with my daughter.
I figure that I can dress her up in cute dresses for family dinners, birthdays, church and the like until she is old enough to work out her own style and undoubtedly refuse to wear them.

I refused to wear anything but track suit pants after a certain age because the fabric was nice on my skin, according to my mum. Don't worry though, there were lots of frilly dresses to go around.



Same goes for this dress, cant find online but was under $20 and also came with matching bloomers with a ruffle butt which I didn’t take a photo of.


I was waving them around singing “Ruffle Butt, Ruffle Butt” and The Husband just watched on in slight amusement.
 

This is the Barberry party dress, and far cuter in real life than online. I wouldn’t even have looked at it twice online actually.
$18 is a steal I tell you.
I was so impressed with the quality of the kids clothes, definitely better than ladies wear if you ask me.


Navy Spot Party Dress - $18


The fabric on this isn’t a light cotton like the others, but it seems breathable and time will tell I suppose.

I see lots of frilly socks and mary janes in the little tackers future.



I saw some incredibly adorable sailor type outfits for boys which I was dying over also.



 
Paris With Love Dress $18.40

I didn’t see this in store, only online, but I have put two sizes on hold so that I can check them out tomorrow and see if I like them.
I cant help this addiction guys. At least I have stopped buying baby wear!!

Even The Husband got a kick out of looking at these when he got home and said that our steamer will be perfect for them, as he doesn't trust me with the iron - for good reason.

I think he quite fancys the idea of a little girl in a frilly dress haha. I just know she is going to be the carbon copy of him though, so she will need all the help in the Girly department that she can get!

34 comments:

  1. So cute!!!

    I love a ruffle butt on a baby! Actually I love ruffle butts full stop. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha me too! I used to have lots of underwear with a ruffle butt but considering I wear such fitted clothes that never worked out well.

      Delete
  2. The paris one is my fav!! I love the red one though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is as cute in real life as it is online!

      Delete
  3. They are so cute. I love little girls in beautiful dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness I love them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to see her in them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still have SO long until she can wear them :( I just cannot wait to meet her!!

      Delete
  5. Nothing cuter than well dressed bebes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE shopping for little girls clothes. So much easier to find than for boys. I've bought a lot of things from Target for my niece and still going strong (can't say the same about some adult clothes).

    I've got a crap load of clothes sitting in my Old Navy basket for the niece and nephew. I find their quality to be excellent. Just waiting to get paid and maybe I'll consider putting the purchase through.

    I spoil them too much.

    My nephew said something last time about getting money from the bank...and my sister points to me...oops! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure that I don't buy things for myself, I don't have my own kids, so gotta spoil someone!

      Delete
  7. aawww, these are SO adorable!! I think the very first one us my favourite too :)

    Target have fantastic kids clothes...especially for girls!!

    Re: chafing...i've been using the 3B cream with much success (as per the recommendations/comments on a previous blog post of yours. There is now no day over 20 degrees where i will not wear it..works a treat!! If you haven't tried it, you must!!

    I have to admit...not a fan of the smell though and you have to wash you hands about 4 times to really get it off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the 3B every day too! It is only towards the end of the day if I am sweaty that it doesn't work so perhaps I just need to reapply!

      Target will definitely be my go to store for kids clothes, no doubt about it! Such a massive range.

      Delete
  8. I went to target today and those frocks look so well made. So sad that they sold out of the Catriona Roundtree sailor range for boys (well, they sold out in 12-18months which is what I nee as Reuben is 9 months)...and they sold out of The Hungry Caterpiller overalls in that size too. Such a sad day. Might have to source them from else wear...
    I didn't see the Paris dress. I don't think you will need to buy any more baby close until your daughter turns 2 (at the rate you are going!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby call Bourke Street store, they seemed to have HEAPS in bigger sizes! I'll have a look in store tomorrow for you!

      Delete
  9. Mez, there's a 30% off storewide sale at Cotton On Kids today! I don't know how long it goes on for but I popped by at university hill today and bought a onesie for a friends newborn and it cost ~$9! My sis is a champion. I don't know anyone else who goes into Big W and Target and spends in excess of $500 on kids clothes. Quantity works best for her hahaha and quality is pretty up there too in said places.

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops I meant to pop in on the weekend but didn't go past one. Hahahaha I feel like your sister and I would be great buddies.

      Delete
  10. you are going to turn this baby girl into a girly nerdy frilly girl
    can i style her one day in black biker boots, leopard leggings and a black skull tee?
    or do i have to wait for my own child to do this?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness - these are absolutely gorgeous! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute, your bebe will be styling!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are going to have the most well dressed baby girl around town! I especially love that pink one - if only we could all morph back into children to wear such beautiful clothes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I see so many kids stuff that I want for myself!

      Delete
  15. Awww these are gorgeous!! Target is so great for kids wear- it lasts forever!

    When you say she is going to be just like dad do you mean looks-wise or no-fuss-wise?? Are you imagining yourself going silly over something and father and daughter just giving each other "the look"- like, there she goes again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think she will look just like him! Tall, broad and masculine! Just a feeling I have! He was fair haired when young and then it went brown when he was about 10 I think so we may have a fair haired baby! His skin is also a lot fairer than mine.

      I drive my self crazy imagining what she will look like! So, to cut a long story short - if she is very masculine like he is then she needs the bows hahahaha.

      Trust me, he is worse than I am, definitely not no fuss!

      Delete
  16. Saw the ad for Ksubi kids for Target. Looks cute & mini punk like. Maybe it's a good alternate between the dresses? I dunno what sizes it starts though if it's for much older kids rather than babies.

    -iowntoomuch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it online today too! It is definitely for older kids, but am not sure I like it anyway. Saw some adorable little shorts in Zara recently and The Husband said "there is no way she is wearing them" so he is very traditional in girls clothes etc - he would hate the ksubi stuff lol. He wont be able to control her clothes forever though!

      Delete
  17. Saw the ad for Ksubi kids for Target. Looks cute & mini punk like. Maybe it's a good alternate between the dresses? I dunno what sizes it starts though if it's for much older kids rather than babies.

    -iowntoomuch

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails