June 13, 2012

Vampire

I snapped this shot on Friday and lots of people were commenting on my eye shadow, but I actually only have on eyeliner and then a little bit of smudging on the bottom lash line. 

Simple and effective. Of course, eyebrows must be filled in also! I'm loving my eyebrows beyond words lately. The girls at Brow Theory at Miss Fox do a darn good job.


I feel like a bit of a vampire, but not an Edward Cullen type, more old school.


I wore my Caroline Morgan polka dot skirt paired with my Review Belt but as I had 2 tops on, and tucked in, I looked like a lumpy sack of potatoes. 

I need to buy bodysuits to wear with fitted skirts so that I am not a lumpy sack.

We had dumplings for lunch and I could not put my bow belt back on all day.


I've attempted to hit the gym lately, I usually look slightly Thug Lyfe on my way to throwing some weights around.

This Oakland Raiders vest has gotten me through some tough, cold situations, let me tell you.


In other news, I had to forrage for coinage and found the mother load. $86 in coinage laying around the house. 
It will be less now as my sticky fingered niece came over, but am intending on taking it to the bank to be changed into notes. Just not sure how I intend on carrying it to the bank. This ish is heavy.


My brother was meant to stay over on Sunday night which lead to me being forced to clean the spare room (read: hang up The Husbands clothes) and make the bed in a hurry.

He bailed.

Damn him. He made up for it the next day when we had my niece and took us to the Aquarium! 


Oh well, at least the room is clean now. I need to get rid of the desk and my turtle tank and resurrect the clothes rack so that The Husband can hang up his shirts which are folded and shoved into every nook and cranny in the apartment.

I took down his clothes rack the day he left for America. Our apartment looked like a shirt making sweat shop. All that was missing were small children.

I swear that when we look at houses, if it doesn't have a walk in wardrobe, I walk out. Maybe I need to lower my standards. Same thing for kitchens, if it's ugly I close the page, but am going to be more lenient, after all -  a kitchen can be fixed! We are not looking for our 'forever' house, just one for the next 3ish years so it doesn't have to be 100% perfect I suppose! 

38 comments:

  1. So many coins! If you head to a commonwealth bank they have coin counter thingys at the front (well most of them do) so you don't have to bag up or arrange your coins. Plus the machine is a lot of fun :-)

    I know what you mean about sudden guests, had my own on Monday night after a cousin staying in Melbourne thought her drink had been spiked :-S scary stuff. Will blog about it this afternoon :-)

    Oh and I love the eye makeup and your eyebrows. I wish I could pull it off but I'd look more like oscar the grouch :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those coin counters, will definitely take it to a CBA as I bank with them.

      Oh no, was your cousin okay?!

      Delete
    2. Yeah she was, doctors only thought she was dehydrated. Made for an interesting day for me though! Full story on my blog if you're interested. Took 700 words to tell it so probably too long for a comment lol.

      Delete
  2. What are you looking at buying in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re house hunting. One thing that helped me was asking "what do I need to fix in the house to be happy?" "how much to those changes cost?" and "is the house good buying (or are the sellers willing to part with it) if I deduct the cost of the changes I want to make from the price I was originally willing to pay?" ... so maybe when you're looking at the house turn your mind to whether you could renovate the kitchen or add more wardrobes (or a walk-in) to the house and still be within budget? Does that make sense? I have my fingers crossed for you getting a house soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes perfect sense, thanks!!

      We are not in any rush but have been looking forever!

      Delete
  4. I love your polka dot skirt. Want!
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. A raiders vest? Gotta admit I'm a little sad it's not a niners one! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a hottie mez! brows to do look amaze! worth all the threading pain? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth the pain! No pain no gain haha.

      Delete
  7. I just posted one called "zombie" and I saw yours called "vampire" and I was like whattt tha? lol. Anyways, as for the hunting for a house.. I would comprise more on a wardrobe then a kitchen. If the wardrobe is not big enough you could replace it with a complete built in one from sayyyy ikea for a few thousand, as to a kitchen - they are hell expensive!! My friend thought it wasn't a big deal and it cost her $20K to replace.

    Good luck with the hunt xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the same as you, starting house hunting! It's very daunting but exciting at the same time :-)

    Your eyes look amazing in the first photo btw, I can't believe it's only eyeliner - wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it so time consuming because when I find something and fall in love, The Husband doesn't agree but since we have decided to only live in it for 2-3 years, I will ease up in it being PERFECT!

      Thanks :) Yep, just thick eyeliner!

      Delete
  9. The belt and skirt = amazing!

    The eye's look so good... And yes your eyebrows give me eyebrow envy!!

    Good luck with the house hunting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you :) :) Pity the belt had to be taken off to accommodate my belly full of dumplings haha.

      Good eyebrows are key to a face I say!

      Delete
  10. I am so glad you cleaned that bedroom up.

    Re the walk in robe, apparently this is what the younger players want as they do not wish to compromise. Personally, I think a bit of compromise is good for the soul.

    Anything interiros wise can be fixed anyway. With imagination. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to find a way to stop The Husband from dumping his stuff on the bed.

      Compromise is good, this is true!

      Delete
  11. My BF and I are currently looking for our *maybe* forever house (depends on what and where we buy). A nice kitchen is one thing that I am willing to forego as most kitchens renovated or not do not impress me. I look forward to desiging my own kitchen :) What you need to look for when you start hunting for a house is something with the right bones. For us it's a min of three bedrooms, a laundry and garages. We recently looked at a house with a study and laundry directly behind the main bedroom... we saw it as plumbing for an ensuite and a mega walkin robe! Househunting is exciting but tiring.
    Ps. I also use the spare room as a place to dump laundry :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, I need to look at the things that cannot be changed!

      A forever house would make me so nervous.

      Delete
  12. Your 'own' kitchen will be better and more suited to your own needs.

    Get a house with an extra bedroom & make yourself a dressing room like Dulce Candy's.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are out of control lovely in that belt, like a little present! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmm perhaps I need to pay this brow bar a visit! My are out of control :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! They do such a fantastic job!

      Delete
  15. I have been getting my eyebrows threaded for years! I love the stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a nice outfit! I like the vampy look :-) Suits you well!
    If you want some NICE bodysuits that aren't boring and horribly ugly like the Spanx ones, I recommend What Katie Did or Kiss Me Deadly. I don't have but I want one of these Vargas dresses http://www.kissmedeadly.co.uk/shop/collections/Multiwayvargasdress and this is the What Katie Did range http://www.whatkatiedid.com/products/lingerie/127-merry-widows%2C-corselettes-%26-torsolettes
    Smashing!
    Then you'll be even MORE of a vamp!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm 99% sure I saw you on the way to the gym in your thug gear a week or two ago! I cancelled my gym membership a few months ago to take up ballet but still searching for a second thing to do to keep fit x Sushi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I am sure it was me! You should of said hi :)

      Delete
  18. Your eyebrows look AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really love the eye make up. You look soo pretty!

    And i agree, your eyebrows are amazing =]

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails