June 11, 2012

Lace & First Gear

I love this dress so much. It is awesome, just awesome I tell you!!


It's the one my mum got me from French Pony. I don't know the brand and I am too comfortable to get up and find out. Sorry about that. 


It was too big around the waist but I've packed on a bit of extra cushioning and low and behold it fits me.
Not that I am justifying my weight gain as a positive since I now fit this dress better... or am I?!


It’s the perfect work winter dress, short sleeves since I swelter under down lights all day, and thicker fabric than your standard dress.


Plus, it's damn cute. 


I am wearing these Windsor Smith $50 bad boys to death and they still look good! 


Patent makes everything look better. Just make sure you are wearing undies, ha. 



This is China Glaze – Jitterbug but I feel like it is failing me and not wearing very well.

I want to have robot fingers for more than 3 days okay. Is that too much to ask for? Is it?!


The palm of my hand looks so soft and fleshy.

Speaking of soft and fleshy, how disgusting is that story of the naked guy eating the other naked guys face off in America?! Gah.


I drove my Mother in Laws car to work on Thursday and I drove half the way in first gear.


It's an automatic car, but with steptronic. I couldn’t work out why the revs were so high when I was driving and then I realized I didn’t have it in Drive, but in First. Derrrr.
My bad. 

Don’t you think it is weird that this car has broken English?! 


Damn you Steptronic. Apparently our car has it, but I don't even know how to enable it. 


Kitty and I schlepped around Myer and David Jones for about 4 hours on Friday night, stripping down the lingerie racks for bargains. I got 10 pairs of Elle McPherson & other similar designers undies for $85. Yes please.

We look like mushrooms. 


We were also given these La Mer samples to try, and also the oil absorbing lotion, but could not find it when I took this photo.
I'm not in the market to change my skin care, but am still interested to know more about the healing properties that La Mer apparently have.. Have you used it? How did you justify the crazy price?


It's been fresh to death lately so I whipped out this hoodie which I bought whilst in line to the boat to go and see the Statue of Liberty in NYC.
It was so freezing that despite all of the layers I had on, I was still shivering and we ended up leaving and not taking the boat trip in the end.
This tacky tourist hoodie comes in handy on a cold night though!

I've had a bazillion "Great blog. Check out my (insert florist, clothes, toothpaste, dog food etc) company" comments lately and I am sick of the spam grr.

21 comments:

  1. Oh my , where did you get your dress from??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it from French Pony on Bay Street Brighton, the link is in the post :)

      Delete
  2. Love the dress!

    p.s. the zombie apocalypse is coming! (according to my husband haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yes, this I have heard around the traps!

      It will be I Am Legend all over again.

      Delete
  3. That dress is so flattering! Lovely colours too. I was so freaked out by the face-eating incident hahaha. Blergh! People are so messed up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I adore it!

      Agree, people really are messed up. So weird.

      Delete
  4. That dress is totally u, I love it also! Haha @ the la mer counter .... I had to pretend I wasn't shocked at the prices! It better be good ... Damn good! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitty. Haha we kept pretty straight faces, it's a talent.

      Delete
  5. I just love that dress, your mum has excellent taste. HHmn, la mer, I tried it when I was a bit zitty hormonal and it made no difference.
    The face eater, I'm heard he was on some type of new drug and the eaten face guy was a homeless man. I was at our local show when the sniffer dog ran between myself and another person and she complained about it, even though she is an oldy and would never touch drugs, said it was an invasion of her rights! I love it, I wish there were more drug detecter dogs everywhere. I want to know that when I go out somewhere I am not in the presence of some drug affected moron who might turn on me or one of my kids and try to chew our faces off!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe that people would complain about a sniffer dog?! Seriously! Unless they have something to hide.....

      Delete
  6. I have tried La Mer...I like the way my face feels but I don't see any sort of difference. I thought I had in the beginning but then it went away and I was a walking zit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already a walking zit so that is no fun!

      I heard it is really good for scarring but the price just seems to exorbitant for my likings.

      Delete
  7. Sweet dress. I wish I worked in an office so I could safely wear nice clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha and not have them end up with finger paint on them?

      Delete
  8. i looove the dress. it really suits you!!

    on a side note - maybe enable a captcha code thingie for comments (which is annoying but it really gets rid of spam)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I refuse to enable captcha. Captcha should die.

      Delete
  9. I have had those comments too!!! It annoys me to tears! Love the dress and the lingerie bargains x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The infusion feels like an extra step that does nothing really.. The moisturisers is very moisturising, although feels great on skin I didn't see any glow or anything amazing changes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback! Agree, the infusion seems pointless.

      Delete
  11. I drove all the way along Alexandra Pde in my dads car with the handbrake on once. Its not really my fault as my car chimes at me & then comes up with a message if I try to drive off with it on.

    Have you ever tried Biotherm? I found it really helped when my skin was bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha when I accidently left the lights on whilst using my MIL car and the battery died, my excuse was "my car beeps if I forget them!!"

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails